The article dwells on the methodology of client-orientation research for a provision of the services of consumers' value in the sphere of retail trade networks. There are designated four evolutionary stages of client-orientation theory development which has been forming since the XVIII-th century. Proceeding from the analysis of foreign and home conceptions, the author singles out three groups of orientations: those ones beset with market and client and an orientation inclined for being near to a client. It is established that client orientation is an important instrument for a valuable development of trade services as it affords to work out unique proposals for a consumer, elaborate corresponding business-processes related to trade services and organizational culture of a trade outfit. There are singled out the basic levels of client-orientation: individual level - that one for one's own officers; organizational level - client-orientation on the part of organization; interproprietary level - client-orientation on the part of the chain concerned with creation of values. The author elicits economic and social values of trade services oriented on a consumer being indicators of trade services development.
theory of client-orientation, evolutionary stages, basic levels of client-orientation, development, services of retail trade networks
1. Baldock R. The Last Days of the Giants? 2000
2. Yefremova M.V., Chkalova O.V. Generalization and Systematization of Approaches to the Definition of the Concept of "customer orientation" // Bulletin of Nizhny Novgorod University named after N.I. Lobachevsky. Series: Social Sciences .– Nizhny Novgorod: N.I. Lobachevsky, 2016. - № 2 (42). - pp. 17 – 25.
3. Busarkina V. V. The Concept of Customer-Oriented Enterprise and the Problems of its Assessment // Problems of Modern Economy, 2007. No. 4 (24). - pp. 179–182.
4. Zinkevich A. Secrets of Customer Orientation. - M.: Mann, Ivanov and Farber, 2013. - 43 pp.
5. Tretyak OA, Rozhkov A.G. Customer Orientation: Modelling and Diagnostics // Bulletin of the Russian Economic University named after G.V. Plekhanov, 2012. №4 (46). - pp. 76-84.
6. Chkalova OV, Lunev V.V. The Genesis of Client-Oriented Approach in Russia and abroad // Bulletin of Samara State University. 2014. № 2 (24). - pp. 143-147.
7. Kokhli, A., Yavorsky, B. (1990) “Market Orientation: Construction, Research Proposals and Managerial Implications,” Journal of Marketing, No. 54, -pp.1-18.
8. Frolov V.G., Lyubimova M.V., Savitskaya T.V., Khramova I.Yu., Chemodanova Yu.V., Chikulisheva T.K. Methods for Assessing the Effectiveness of Managing with Organization under Implementing Customer-Oriented Approach // Russian Journal of Entrepreneurship. - 2014. - Volume 15. - № 16. - pp. 16-26.
9. Rozhkov A.G. Formation and Development of Customer-Oriented Company Relations. Candidate dissertation in economics / National Researches University of Higher Economics. - Moscow 2012
10. Kotler Philip. Marketing Management. Express-Course. SPb .: Peter, 2006. - 464 pp.
11. Management with Customer-Oriented Staff in an International Company. Candiate dissertation in economics: 08.00.05 / Klepneva Kseniya Vladimirovna. - Moscow, 2016. - 189 pp.
12. A.G.Rozhkov, V.A.Rebyazina A, M.M. Smirnova. Orientation of the Company on a Customer: the Results of Empirical Testing on the example of the Russian Market // Russian Management Journal, 33 Vol. 12, #. 3, 2014. -pp. 33–58.
13. Chkalova OV, Valeeva Yu.S. Change of an Economic Paradigm of Trade under the Conditions of Innovation Activity of Trade Networks // Scientific Review: Theory and Practice.-2018.-№9. - pp. 64-70.
14. Narver J.C., and S.F. Slater. 1990. The Effect of a Market Orientation on Business Profitability // Journal of Marketing 54 (4). - pp. 20–35.
15. Narver J.C., Slater S.F. and MacLachlan D.L. (2004), Responsive and Proactive Market Orientation and New-Product Success. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 21: 334–347.
16. Kumar N., Sheer L. Kotler P. 2002. From market driven to market driven. European Management Journal. Vol.18, No.2.
17. Oiner OK. Latyshova L.S. Customer Orientation of Staff as a Key Factor in the Company's Customer Orientation. In the collection: Modern Management: Problems and Perspectives. Collection of articles: in two parts. 2016. - pp. 343-346.
18. Oiner O.G., Latyshova L.S. Influence of Market-Oriented Behavior of Companies on Business Performance. International Scientific Conference on Economy and Society Development. 2009. Text in 3 books. - M .: Publishing-house: State University. Higher School of Economics. Book 2. – pp. 287-296.
19. Chkalova O.V., Yukhneva Ye.A. Mutual Connection of Culture, Customer Orientation and Competitiveness of Trade Organizations. In the book: Actual Problems of Economics and Management Collection of Scientific Articles. Electronic edition. 2016. – pp. 314-317.
20. Client Orientation of the Company http://www.crmonline.ru/phparticles/show_news_one.php?n_id=402 (entry date February 13, 201)
21. Rozhkov A.G. Formation and Development of a Customer-Oriented Company. Candidate dissertation in economics: 2012. URL: http://www.hse.ru/data/2012/05/31/1225457000/disser_ Rozhkov.pdf (Date of appeal: November 8, 2015), p.22
22. Losev S.V. Client Alignment: Basic Principles of Building a Client-Oriented Organization // Marketing in Russia and abroad. 2007, No. 6. - pp. 31-41.
23. Schmitt, W.N. Experience Marketing: Concepts, Frameworks and Consumer Insights // Foundations and Trends in Marketing. – 2010, - No.2. - Vol. 5.
25. Elg U. Market Orientation Processes in Retailing: a Cross-National Study: European Journal of Marketing Vol. 41 No. 5/6, 2007
26. McGoldrick, P. (2002), Retail Marketing, 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, London
27. Dawson, J. (2000b), “Viewpoint: retailer power, manufacturer power, competition” and some questions of economic analysis”, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 28 No. 1, pp. 5-8.