This article demonstrates the role and status of the Tajik language in the formation of a national idea, in enhancing the sense of national identity. It is noted that language is the main factor in the formation of a national idea. It is through language that the consciousness of people and national identity are formed. In other words, preservation and tribute to this cultural heritage is a kind of national identity. The Tajik language is an invaluable treasure of the Tajik people, its protection and development are responsibility of every citizen of the country. This is the language that connects current and past generations with the development of national thought. Not a single external factor can adversely affect or provoke dissent of a nation united by a single national idea and striving to achieve its common goals.
Tajik language, national idea, national identity, language policy, state ideology, language ideology, national language, national policy
1. Rahmonov E. Sh. Independence of Tajikistan and Rebirth of Nation. V.2. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 2002. - 512 pp.
2. Mukhammad A. N. Introduction into National Idea. - Dushanbe, 2003. - 180 pp.
3. Grishechko O. S. Language Ideology: Theory of Description and Practice of Embodiment [Electronic Resource] URL (The date of appeal: 05.07.2019)
4. Mechkovskaya N. B. Social Linguistics. Manual. - M., 2000. - 207 pp.
5. Nozimov A. A. Linguistic Situation in Contemporary Tajikistan: State, Peculiarities and Prospects of Development. Doctoral dissertation in philology. - Dushanbe, 2010. - 309 pp.
6. Rahmonov E. Sh. Independence of Tajikistan and Rebirth of Nation. V.11. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 2011.
7. The Speech on the Occasion of the Day of the Language. The site of Tajikistan Republic President Emomali Rakhmon. July 22, 2008. URL (The date of appeal: 03.07.2019)
8. Sayidzoda Z. Sh. State Independence and Respect for Mother Tongue. - Dushanbe, 2013. - 130 pp.
9. TR Law “On Language” from July 22, 1989 (Tidings of TR Supreme Council. 1989, N15, article 102)
10. Tajikistan Republic Law "On State Law of Tajikistan Republic". - Dushanbe: Freedom of the Orient, 2009, #9-10, article 546.