The article dwells on the features of the civil society theory in the modern world. The author notes that the place and role of this category under the conditions of modern democracy are uncertain. Material, political, cultural, personal freedom and inviolability of human dignity act as the basic values of civil society, and it, in its turn, acts as the main attribute of democratic and law-abiding state. The role of economy in the formation and development of civil society is especially noted. The article also deals with modern theories of civil society: pluralistic theory, societal society, global civil society, electronic civil society. The author notes that each model of civil society should be based on the principles of freedom, justice, mutual understanding, consent and trust.
civil society,state, democracy, freedom, societal society, global civil society, electronic civil society.
1. Abdulov K. In this World. Book 10. Problems of Civil Society. – Dushanbe, 2004. – 440 pp.
2. Kalnoy I.I. et alia. Civil Society Originals and Contemporaneity/ Scientific editors: Professor I.I. Kalnoy, Associate Professor Lopushansky. The 3rd edition, revised and enlarged. – SPb.: Publishing-house of R. Aslanov “Law Center Press”, 2006. – 492 pp.
3. Kin J. Democracy and Civil Society. – Moscow: Progress-Traditions, 2001. – 400 pp.
4. Koen J., Arato E. Сivil Society and Political Theory. Translation from English/ General editor I.I. Muyrberg. - Moscow: Publishing house “All the World”, 2003. – 784 pp.
5. Makasheva E.N. Conceptions of Civil Society in the History of Western Political Life// Bulletin of Mordov University. 2010, №3. -18-26 pp.
6. The Latest English-Russian, Russian-English Dictionary/ Compiler: S.M., Krysenko.- K.: Publishing-house of “Ariy”,- Moscow: ICTC “"LADA", 2011. – 960 pp.
7. Modern English-Russian, Russian-English Dictionary: 100 000 words /Compiler: T. A. Sirotina. - Donetsk: LLC PKF "BAO", 2007. – 1216 pp.
8. Fergyuson A. Experience of the History of Civil Society. – M.: ROSSPEN, 2000. – 392 pр.
9. Anheir H., Glasius M., Kaldor M. Global Civil Society. – Oxford, 2001. – 348 pp.
10. Lipschutz R. Op. cit.; Turner S. Global Civil Society, Anarchy and Governance: Assessing an Emerging Paradigm // Journal of Peace Research. 1998. Vol. 35. N 1. – pp. 25–42.
11. Parsons Т. The System of Modern Societies. Englewood Cliffs. N. Y.: Prentice- Hall, 1971. – pp. 100-115.
The English-Persian collegiate dictionary. A. Aryanpur and M. Aryanpur. Vol. 1. – Tehran, 1992. – 1295 pp.