The presented article analyzes the problems and ways to improve the organization and activities of the Jogorku Kenesh as the supreme body of representative democracy in Kyrgyzstan. The national specifics and systemic causes of the problems of interaction between the elected branches of power of the Kyrgyz Republic have been revealed. Theevaluation of the activity of six convocations of Kyrgyzstan Parliament is given. The grounds for necessary constitutional and unconstitutional interference of the President in the processes of interaction between the representative and executive branches of power, in lawmaking, etc. are elicited. The proposals on a further evolution of the Parliament of the Republic are systematized consisting in return to majorital-proportional electoral system and bicameral parliament, to alteration of the principle of forming party lists and imparting the Jogorku Kenesh full "supremacy". Proceeding from the analysis of Parliament work practice pursued by previous convocations, the author came to the conclusion that a change of electoral system as well as an opening of the second chamber are void of any perspective. Using the method of exclusion and expert assessments afforded to suppose that a change in the principle of forming party lists is most consistent with a broad public consensus on the problems of development of parliamentarism in Kyrgyzstan.
Kyrgyz Republic, Jogorku Kenesh, Parliament, President, problems, prospects, ways of improvement
1. Akmataliyev A. Parliamentarism in Kyrgyzstan: Experience and Problems // Alibi, # 1, URL: http://www.gezitter.org/society/58580_ (date of addressing: 23.02.2017).
2. Borubashov B.I., Akylbeh-uulu N. Parliamentarism in the Kyrgyz Republic: Analysis of Problems and Ways of their Solution // Bulletin of KRSU (Kyrgyz-Russian Slavonic University. 2017. V. 17, #6 URL: https://www.krsu.edu.kg/vestnik/2017/v6/a25.pdf (date of addressing: 9.12.2017).
3. Djunusov B. Parliamentarism. Brief History of Collective Non-Responsibility. – Bishkek IA “24 kg”. November 28, 2016 URL: https://24.kg/vlast/40566_ (date of addressing: 15.12.2017)
4. Ivanov S.G. The Influence of Global Actors upon Economic Policy of post-Soviet Countries (on the example of the Kyrgyz Republic). Doctoral dissertation in politology// 23.00.04. Ivanov Spartak Gennadiyevich. – Bishkek, 2010. – 401 pp.
5. Final Report on the Monitoring Related to Electoral Campaign Elucidation in Kyrgyz Republic. M.M. (pre-Time Parliamentary Elections). November-December, 2007. URL: http://www.monitoring.kg/?pid=144 (date of addressing: 21.12.2017).
6. Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic. In the Recensions of the Laws Referring to the Years of 1994, 1908, 2003, 2007, 2010.
7. Kurmanov Z. K., Kurmanov I. Kyrgyz Parliamentarism: the Jeneral and the Special. URL: https://ia-centr.ru/experts/test/16783/ (date of addressing: 21. 12. 2017)
8. Kurmanov Z. K. Parliamentarism in Kyrgyzstan: Peculiarities, Problems, Achievments // Central Asia and the Caucasus. 2013 (date of addressing: 21. 10. 2017)
9. Kuzmanov Z. K. Development of Kyrgyzstan Patterns Studies: Endeavour of Generalization. 01. 08. 2017. URL: http://center.kg/article/59 (date of addressing: 12. 01. 2018)
10. The Project “Forty Paces. The New Epoch” (“Taza Koom. Djany Door”) Dwelling on the strategy of sustainable Development of the Kyrgyz Republic. Being Passed to Social Discussion on December 1, 2017. URL: http://www.president. (date of addressing: 4. 12. 2017)
11. “History End” Syndrome. 22. 06. 2012 URL: https://camonitor.kz/4440-.html (date of addressing: 12. 01. 2018)
12. Formation and Development of Parliament and Parliamentarism in Kyrgyz Republic. Materials of the scientific-practical conference. October 5-6, 2009// Under the editorship of Ch. Bayekova, Z. Kuzmanov, A.Djakishev et alia. Bishkek, 2010.
13. Toktogulov A. A. Constitutional Foundations of Jogorku Kenesh Formation in the Kyrgyz Republic // The National Academy of Sciences of Kyrgyzstan. URL: ipi1.ru/images/PDF/2016/51/ (date of addressing: 17. 12. 2017)