In this article the authors dwell on the social and political aspects of combat with corruption under contemporary conditions of Tajikistan. They pay special attention to optimization of anticorruption policy. It is emphasized that the development of a democratic form of governance, elicitation of optimal mechanisms serving prevention and overcoming of corruption, economic and social development of the country, instilling a law-abiding spirit and a culture of non-tolerance to all types of corruption just as other important political and social factors can enhance an efficiency of anticorruption policy in Tajikistan. The article shows the achievements of Tajikistan in combat against corruption. The conclusion is made that despite an implementation of anticorruption measures, the problem remains actual and needs to be solved. The authors believe that the spirit of self-control is an important factor in prevention from corruption. According to them, religious and cultural factors have an important role in surmounting corruption and upbringling a spirit of self-control among citizens in counteracting corruption.
corruption, combat with corruption, non-tolerance to corruption, anticorruption politics, efficiency of anticorruption policy, preventing from corruption, principles of anticorruption policy
1. Rahmonov E. Sh. For the Rule of Law, State and Citizens` Interest. Speech at the Meeting of Employees of Enforcement Agencies Dedicated to the 80th Anniversary of the Tajik Republic Prosecution Office // Narodnaya Gazeta (People`s Newspaper), 2015, No.1.
2. Speech at the Meeting of Security Council of the Republic of Tajikistan, 17.02.2015, Dushanbe, official website of the President of Tajikistan www.president.tj (date of addressing: 20.05.2018)
3. Transparency International (CPI) www.transparencyinternational.org (date of addressing: 16.06.2018)
4. Speech in Honour of the 10th Anniversary Devotedthe Formation of the Agency of State Financial Control and Combat with Corruption. 10.01.2017, Dushanbe, official website of the President of Tajikistan www.president.tj (date of addressing: 18.02.2018)
5. Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Combat against Corruption”, www.mmk.tj (date of addressing: 24.05.2017)
6. Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On State Service”, www.mmk.tj (date of addressing: 12.05.2018)
7. Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Anticorruption Expertiseof Normative Legal Instruments and Drafts of Normative Legal Acts », address www.mmk.tj (date of addressing: 22.09.2018)
8. Strategy of Combat against Corruption in the Republic of Tajikistan for 2013-2020 years, from 30 August of 2013, No. 1504, www.anticorruption.tj (date of addressing: 18.10.2016)
9. Regulation of National Council Concerned with Combat against Corruption inthe Republic of Tajikistan from the 14th of December 2010, No. 968, www.anticorruption.tj (date of addressing: 25.12.2017)
10. Corruption in Tajikistan. Public opinion. – Dushanbe, 2006. - 192 pp.
11. Corruption in the Republic of Tajikistan. Public Opinion. – Dushanbe, 2010, - 73 pp.
12. Karklins, Rasma. The System Made me Do it: Corruption in post-Communist Societies. New York, 2005, - 219 pp.
13. Lipset Seimur Martin, Almond Gabriel, Corruption.Culture and Market // Culture HasEssence. M., Moscow School of Political Research, 2002. Vol. No. 26.
14. Appeal of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan to Majlisi Oli (the Parliament) of the Republic of Tajikistan, 26th of December 2018, Dushanbehttp://www.president.tj/node/19088#lakhsh, (date of addressing: 22.01.2019)
15. Kaufman, Daniel “Revisiting Anti-Corruption Strategies: “Turn towards Incentive-Driven Approaches” in United Nations Development Program, Corruption and Integrity as Important Initiatives in Developing Countries (1998), ch 4.
16. Speech at the Meeting of the Public Council of the Republic of Tajikistan, 27.01.2017, Dushanbe, official website of President of the Tajikistan, www.president.tj (date of addressing: 20.06.2018)
17. Peter Langseth “Empowering the Victims of Corruption Through Social Control Mechanisms”. The Paper Presented at IACE meeting, Prague, October 9, 2001.
18. Report. Sociological Review on Perception of Attitude to Corruption and Combat against Corruption it in Tajikistan. Strategic research center under the Auspices of the President of Tajikistan. – Dushanbe, 2011, - 80 pp.