The article deals with the problems of strengthening national identity under modern conditions of national statehood. The author of the article emphasizes that strengthening of national identity is an important factor in the direction of consolidation of national statehood and protection of national values from the negative impact of globalization. The author expresses the opinion that national identity of Tajiks should include and reflect all the cultural and spiritual aspects of the nation’s historical development. It is underscored that the existence of non-traditional religious-extremic groups and also incorrect understanding of the essence of secularism by certain parts of society can become a prerequisite for the development of identity crisis in the consciousness of citizens. The author proposes some recommendations for the strengthening of national identity and overcoming of identity crisis prerequisites.
national identity, globalization, national statehood, national self-consciousness, cultural and religious aspects, religious-extremic groups, secularism, identity crisis
1. Osipov G.V. Dzutsev Kh. V. Political Culture as an Educational Model of Formation of Russian Civil Identity. – М.: Sociology of Education. – pp. 96-102.
2. Rahmon Emomali. Prominent Personalities. – Dushanbe: ER-Graph, 2016.- 364 pp.
3. Rahmonov Sh. Poems and Aini. – Dushanbe: Enlightenment, 1994. – 190 pp.
4. Rahnamo A. Islam and National Security in Tajikistan. – Dushanbe: Cognition, 2011.- 298 pp.
5. Saidzoda Z. Development of National Ethics. – Dushanbe: Contrast, 2014. – 260 pp.
6. Usmonov I., Sattorzoda A. Importance of a Formation of National Idea // Problems of a Formation of National Idea in the Republic of Tajikistan. Materials of scientific-practical conference, Dushanbe, 18-19 April, 2016. – 22 pp.
7. Shakuri M. Intrigues of Bukhara Revolution. – Dushanbe: Shujoiyon, (Those who Are Valiant),2010. – 158 pp.
8. Shoazimov P.D. Tajik Identity and State Building. Synopsis of doctoral dissertation in philosophy. 09.00.11 – Dushanbe, 2006, - 40 pp.