The article presents an analysis of the criteria for classification of trademarks. The author proposes a system in accordance with which trademarks are divided into certain groups. The author has analyzed the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan in the field of trademarks to establish criteria for their classification. In addition, the author has analyzed in details basic approaches to the concept of “trademarks”. The text of this article explores the following items: art criticism approach, form of trademark expression, broad interpretation of trademarks. The latter is described in more details, since it has a positive development trend in the Republic of Tajikistan. Further on, in the text of the article the author has comprehensively investigated various classifications of the types of trademarks. For example, verbal forms of notation which occupy a central place among designations. It is underscored that legislative practice in the field of trademark development will create conditions in future for registration of diverse kinds of trademarks for definition of certain produce.
classification of trademarks, trademark, criteria for trademarks, types of trademarks, registration of trademarks, designation of signs
1. Tajikistan Republic Law “On Trademarks and Signs of Services” from March 5, 2007, #234 // Tajikistan Republic Akhbori Majlisi Oli (Tidings of Supreme Council). 2007, #3. – p. 167.
2. Tajikistan Republic Law “On Inventions” from February 28, 2004, #16 // Tajikistan Republic Akhbori Majlisi Oli (Tidings of Supreme Council). 2004, #5. – p. 49.
3. Tajikistan Republic Law “On Geographic Pointers” from April 28, 2004, #17 // Tajikistan Republic Akhbori Majlisi Oli (Tidings of Supreme Council). 2004, #2. – p. 42.
4. Tajikistan Republic Law “On Geographic Pointers” from March 5, 2007, #236 // Tajikistan Republic Akhbori Majlisi Oli (Tidings of Supreme Council). 2007, #3. – p. 169.
5. Vercman Kasper Dj. Trademarks: Creation, Psychology, Perception. – M.: Progress, 1986.
6. Gorlenko S.A. Registration of Objects Being third Persons` Rights as Trademarks // Intellectual Property. 1997, ##11-12.
7. Intellectual Property. Basic Materials: in two parts. – Novosibirsk, 1993.
8. Kulakov Yu.I. The New “Provision on Trademarks” // Issues of Invention”. 1974, #7.
9. Mirboboyeva R.V. Legal Regulation of Acquisition, Usage and Advocacy of Right for Trademark in Tajikistan Republic. Synopsis of candidate dissertation in jurisprudence. – Dushanbe, 2012.
10. Pavlinskaya A. Trademark. – L., 1974.
11. Sergheyev A.P. The Right for Intellectual Property in Russia. – M., 1999.
12. Sergheyev V.M. Law Issues in Reference to Utilization of Trademaks in the USSR National Economy. Synopsis of candidate dissertation in jurisprudence. – M., 1977.