The article dwells on the nature of economy and ecology in interconnection and interdependence. Since the unfolding of the industrial revolution, a model has been formed to extensively scale up an involvement of natural resources into economy that has led to a sharp charge on natural resources and an environmental crisis. Therefore, the established correlation in priorities should be changed and an optimal combination should be found; the latter being supposed to include both environmental and economic benefits. There are three ways out from this contradiction. Firstly: a significant limitation of an anthropogenic impact on nature – but that is environmental utopianism. Secondly: economic development without taking into account environmental restrictions – but that is economic extremism which leads to degradation of nature. Thirdly: combination of economic and environmental needs. Under modern conditions the results of the destruction of the ecological environment can act as a deterrent to sustainable development. Without solving modern environmental problems it is impossible to ensure sustainable development in the context of globalization of economic relations.
ecologico-economic system, ecologic utopianism, economic extremism, environmental crisis, degradation of nature, economy as natural potential, environmental capital
1. Arabic-Russian Dictionary. Compiled by Professor H.K. Baranov. - M: State Publishing-House of Foreign and National Dictionaries, 1957. - 1190 pp.
2. Alekseeva N. Sustainable Development. Ecology // Science in Siberia. 07.10.1994. - (No. 40)
3. Vasilenko V.A. Ecology and Economics: Problems and Quests of the Ways for Sustainable Development. Analytical Review / SB RAS. SSTL, IE and OPP; editor-in-charge: Dr. of Economics G.M. Mkrtchyan. The 2-nd edition, stereotyped. -Novosibirsk, 1997.-123 pp. (Series “Ecology”. Issue 38).
4. Gorshkov V.G., Kondratiev K.Ya., Danilov – Danilyan V.I. Environment: from New Technologies to New Thinking // The Green World. 18.08.1994. - (No. 19).
5. Davydova S. We Are ahead of the Whole Planet. Behind us Are only Chad, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso // The Green World. 01/26/1995. - (No. 3)
6. World Development Report -2019. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / World Bank 1818 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20433
7. Zaitsev V.A. Low-Waste and non-Waste Technologies // Scientific and Technical Aspects of Environmental Protection: Review of Information. / VINITI. - 1990. -№ 7. - pp. 37 – 62.
8. Commoner Barry. Circuit Formation: Nature, Man, Technology. -Leningrad. Gydrometeoizdat, 1974. – 279 pp.
9. Poustel S., Fleivin K. Rebuilding the World Economy // The XX-th Century: the Latest 10 years. 1990-2000: collection of articles: from the annual: “State of the World”. - M., 1992. – pp. 274-294.
10. Raskin P. Ethical Principle of Development: Preservation of Natural Resources // The Green World. -18.05.1994. - (No. 14).
11. Sokolov V.I. Environmental Utilization in the USA and Canada: Economic Aspects. - M.: Science, 1990. - 156 pp.
12. Tschipanov N.A. Return Ecology to Ecologists // Chemistry and Life.-1993. - №2. - pp. 42 – 48.
13. World Bank, World Development Report - 1990. - Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990.
14. https://geographyofrussia.com/koefficient-zhiznesposobnosti-nacii/. 12/27/2019