The article dwells on the problems of Islamic banking development in Tajikistan Republic. In 2014 they adopted the law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Islamic Bank Activities”, #1108. It deals with the use of Islamic payment cards in the countries of South-East Asia and some Arabian ones and the experience of application of Islamic bank products by them, in particular, bank payment cards. The author of the article points to the types of activities falling under the prohibition of shariat in the sphere of economics and banking. He adduces the stages of the development concerned with payment cards of Islamic banks which have “Islamic windows” (Bank of America Bardays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, HSBS). The conclusion is made that in Tajikistan Republic there is a huge potential for a development of Islamic banking upon the whole, in particular, for application of Islamic bank payment cards and utilization of other Islamic banking products.
Islamic banking, traditional banking, Islamic payment card, Islamic finances, stages of development, bank products, services of Islamic banks.
1. Beccin R.I. Islamic Finances in Contemporary World. Economy and Law Aspects.// A.Yu. Zhuravlyov. Principles of Islamic Banks Functioning. – M.: UMMA, 2004. – p. 68.
2. Bulatova A.I., Bogamanova N.F., Mukhametzyanova L.R. Alternative to Modern Banking System // Sceintific Debates: Issues of Economics and Management: Materials of the XXII-nd International Extra-Mural Scientific-Practical Conference (27.02.2014).
3. Official Site of Islamic Development Bank [Electronic Resources]. http://www.isdb.org/(date of request: 25.05.2017).
4. Site of “Al Hilal” Islamic Bank [Electronic resource]. http:// www.alhilalbank.kz/bservs/ (date of request: 29.05.2017).
5. National Bank of Kazakhstan Republic [Electronic Resource]. URL: www.nationalbank.kz/?docid=1187&switch=russian (date of request: 30.05.2017).
6. National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic [Electronic Resource]. URL www.nbkr.kg/index.jsp?lang=RUS (date of request: 25.05.2017).
7. Islamic Financial Services Board [Electronic Resource]. URL: http://www.ifsb.org/index/board/10-1-0-18-125 (date of request: 31.05.2017).
8. Agency on Statistics under the Auspices of Tajikistan Republic President // Tajikistan in Figures (in Russian and Tajik languages). – Dushanbe: TRAS, 2017. – 157 pp.
9. Shovhalov Sh.A. Principles of Formation of Assets: Shariat Outlook // Finances and Credit. – 2013, #37. – pp. 19 – 26.