The article dwells on theoretical problems of sustainable development of regional economy as a social-economic system. The essence of the evolution of theory and views as to the solution of the problem, stages and theoretical approaches towards the concept «sustainable development» are brought to the surface. Fundamental aspects of the most important planetary problem – that of people`s activities – sustainability - are reflected. Special attention is paid to the regional treatment of the concept in question, the elements of its ecologic, economic and social constituents are characterized; the conditions of regional economy functioning under a formation of market economy system, its balanced and proportional development being determined. In the conclusive section the issues of the formation of sustainable development strategy and programme prospective bearings up to 2025 are canvassed.
sustainable development, social-economic system, region, regional economy, balance, disproportaion, economic space, peculiarities, ecologic factors
1. Enactment of Tajikistan Republic Government from October 1, 2007, #500.
2. Shumpeter Y. Theory of Economic Development: translation from German. M.: Progress, 1982.
3. Brutland G.H. Our Common Future. Report of UNO Commission on Environmental Protection. 1987. – M.: Progress, 1988. – p. 50.
4. Report of UNO International Commission on Environmental Protection and Development. 1992.
5. Uskova T.V. Management with Sustainable Development of the Region: monograph / Vologda: ISERT RAS, 2009. – 355 pp.
6. Gershanok G.A. Formation of Sustainable Development System in Regard to Local Territories on the Basis of an Assessment Related to Social-Economic and Ecologic Volume. – G.A. Gershanok. – M.: Economics, 2006. – 418 pp [8, p.105].
7. Blauberg I.V. Formation and Essence of Systemic Approach // I.V. Blauberg, E.G. Yudin. – M.: Science, 1973. – 270 pp.
8. Twenty Years of Market Reforms and a New Model of Economy Growth. – M.: Publishing-house of the Economy Higher School (EHS), 2012. – 45 pp.