The article dwells on the study dealing with the history of the formation of family-marriage relations among Sak tribes of Central Asia being the ancestors of the Tajik nation. The time referring to family formation is determined by science. Family had a special form at each historic period. A number of antique historians described family forms comprehensively. Everyday life of the family referring to the antique period can be established by the remainders of dwellings. The author presents the material of both written and archeological sources concerned with the position of women in the ancient society, marriage age, marriage forms. In his article the author canvasses property relations between the members of one family and their regulation in the ancient society.
Aryan tribes, Saks, family and marriage, customs and traditions, family law
1. Abaev V.I. On Central-Asiatic Political Term Entitled as «afshin»// Bulletin of Ancient History. -1959. -#2. - pp.112-116.
2. Boys M. Zoroastrians. Beliefs and Customs. - M., 1988. – 303 pp. with illustrations
3. Bostonguhar S. Upper Reaches of the Zarafshan Referring to the II-th Millennium BC. - Dushanbe, 1998
4. Gafurov B.G. Tajiks: the Ancientest, Ancient and Mediaeval Histories. –The 2-nd book. –Dushanbe: Cognition, 1989. -208 pp.
5. Herodotus. The History. In 9 books. Translation by Y.A. Stratanovsky.- M., 1972.- 600 pp.
6. The Ancient Authors about Central Asia (VI BC - III AD). Chrestomathy. Under the editorship of. L.V.Bazhenov. - Tashkent, 1940. – 172 pp.
7. Duke H. Tuyabuguz Settlings in Burguluyk Culture. - Tashkent, 1982,
8. The History of the Tajik Nation. - V.1. - Dushanbe, 1998
9. Itina M.A. The History of Steppe Tribes of South Priaraliye [(the territory detached to the Aral-Sea) the beginning of the II-nd millennium B.C. – up to the I-st millennium AD.)] .//Khorezm archaeological-ethnographic expedition. - V.10. - M., 1977.
10. Kuzmina E.E., Livshitc V.A. Once Again about the Origin of Yurta (Nomad's Tent) // The Past of Middle Asia. - Dushanbe, 1987.
11. Litvinskiy B.A., Okladnikov A.P., Ranov V.A. Antiquities of Kayrakkum. - Dushanbe, 1962
12. Masson V.M. Economy and Social Frameworks of Ancient Communities. - L., 1976
13. Machinskiy D.A. The Pektoral from the Thick Grave //Culture of the Orient. Antiquity and Middle Ages. - M.- 1978. – pp. 131-150.
14. Nerazik E.E. Rural Dwelling in Khorezm (I - XIV cc). From the History of Dwelling and Family //Works of Khorezm Archaeological-Ethnographic Expedition. -V.9. - M., 1976. – 250 pp.
15. Negmatov N.N. The Tajik Phenomenon: History and Theory. - Dushanbe, 1997. – 423 pp.
16. Novitsky I.B. The Roman Law. - M., 1998. – 245 pp.
17. Piyankov I.V. «History of Persia» by Ktesiy and Central-Asiatical Satrapies Referring to Ahemenids at the End of the V-th Century BC. //Bulletin of the Ancient History, -# 2. - M., 1965. – pp. 35 – 51.
18. Piyankov I.V. Social Frameworks of Early Nomads of Central Asia and Kazakhstan according to the Data of Antique Authors// Early Nomads of Central Asia and Kazakhstan. - L., 1973. – pp. 84 - 91.
19. The Roman Law. Manual. - M., 2001. – 208 pp.
20. Engels F. The Origin of Family, Private Property and State. - M., 1989. – 111 pp.