The article dwells on theoretico-methodological grounds dealing with investigation of state foreign policy. The author analyzes the position of major schools of the theory of international relations and foreign policy, she focuses attention on the levels of analysis relating to foreign policy, correlation of national interests and state foreign policy at the contemporary stage, influence of internal and external factors over a formation of foreign policy of a contemporary state, in particular, that one pursued by Tajikistan Republic. An endeavor is made to analyze in details such factors resorted to by the Tajik state as multivector diplomacy and “open doors” policy.
theoretical and methodological bases, levels of analysis, subject, agent and counter-agent of international relations, multivector diplomacy, “open door” policy.
1. Foreign Policy: Issues of Theory and Practice. Materials of Scientific Seminar. Scientific editor: P. A. Tsygankov. – M., 2009. – 231 pp.
2. Foreign Policy of Russia under the Conditions of Global Uncertainty: monograph // under the editorship of P. A. Tsygankov. – M., 2015. – 280 pp.
3. Conception of Foreign Policy of Tajikistan Republic. Taken from Tajikistan Republic President’s Fiat from January 27, 2015, N 332 (in Tajik)
4. Sаmiyev. Kh. T. Foreign Policy of Independent State under the Conditions of Changed International Ties of Contemporaneity: Actualness and Theoretical Analysis // Bulletin of TNU (Tajik National University). Dushanbe. – pp. 6 – 11.
5. Morgenthau H. Politics among Nations. The Struggle for Power and Peaсe.– NY., 1955.
6. Moravcsik A. Taking Preferences Seriously. A Liberal Theory of International Politics // International Organization. 51. Automne 1997.
7. Snyder R., Bruck H. and Sapin B. Decision Making as an Approach to the Study of International Politics. – New York: Free Press, 1954.- 238 pр.
8. Valerie M. Hadson. Foreign Analysis : Actor – Specific Theory and the Ground of International Relations// Foreign Policy Analysis, 2005.